Thursday, November 6, 2008

Enough travel for you?

Ciao everyone,

I am back in Roma after my week-long excursion to Cairo and Athens. I got in just dandy yesterday night, but the trains and such were disagreeable and I got home a little later than I had wanted, but other than that, not a whole lot to discuss in that department. I had a really great time in Athens, and it was nice to be able to spend enough time with Kirsten to feel like we could both relax and not stress about making sure we do enough fun things to make our visits memorable, as we had already spent lots of time doing that in Egypt. We watched Wall-E, which if you haven't seen it, you should, it's really pretty sweet. I think we both enjoyed it quite thoroughly.

In other news, Family Guy still has it from time to time, The Office takes a strange turn, and I miss television. Could you tell? But anyway, in real other news, it's quiet as can be back here at Candia, my residence, and it's strange. It's never quiet or empty here. I mean, I've seen near no one since I got in. And if anyone were to be here, I don't think I'd know since so many doors are closed.

But I got in last night and did a little unpacking, but today is all about packing once again to get everything set up for tomorrow. What's tomorrow? I leave for Munich. These few weeks are the busiest of my entire trip in terms of travel and sight-seeing, as come Sunday, I will have taken 6 flights in 10 days. Whew! That's an itinerary! I mean, I flew 4 in 6 days, but with Munich added on, it's pretty busy. I've really enjoyed seeing what's out there, and this weekend adds to that experience.

German efficiency has long been a favorite of mine. BMWs, Lufthansa, on-time trains, good beer, I mean, it's really got it all. I'm flying Lufthansa too, and it is bar none my favorite airline to fly. Germany for a couple days, check the sights, and roll. Should be interesting, as neither Kirsten or I speak any German, beyond maybe "das beer es gud!" and that's not even all that German. Or is it? I shall find out. I know I'm just excited for the pretzels and beer, which are supposed to both be fantastic. Hofbrauhausen, here we come! Our hotel looks pretty excellent too, so that should be fun times as well. Plus, unlike Switzerland, we don't have to carry our bags around the entire time we're there. But like Switzerland, it's going to be really, really cold. Hovering around freezing. Time to break out the Portland skin I guess!

In other, other news: I am still incredibly pleased with the Obama victory. Good times. I am disappointed about prop 8 in California, as it's a reminder that even the most liberal state in California, while overwhelmingly voting for a black president, wouldn't even all for Gay marriages to continue. I know it's a touchy issue, but the principle of the matter was that a right was there, and people voted to take them away. You can't tell me that's fair. Whether or not you approve, these people are citizens, just like you and me, and deserve to be treated fairly. I mean, I feel terrible for Ellen Degeneres and Portia de Rossi. Try and tell me they don't deserve the same rights as the drunken idiot who gets married in Vegas.

Sorry, rant over.

Anyway, internet is spotty, and I'm hoping I can get this post off with it still intact. I hope you all have a great weekend, and I'll be back with tons of exciting pictures and stories, just like always. Any requests? You know where to find me. Any donations? You know my mother (only half kidding ha ha).

Until next time,

Ciao.

No comments: