Sunday, September 21, 2008

Prepped for classes

Ciao everyone, I hope all is well with you and that Sunday comes just as it should. Today it is nice once again, and by nice I mean incredibly pleasant out. I just took a walk to get some groceries for the next few days and I walked out the front door to sunshine, which isn't always a welcomed thing with the heat, but in the hottest part of the day, it was only 68 out and perfectly comfortable and dry.

I love it when fall arrives and you can feel the cool, brisk air and having it just feel so peaceful, you can feel the seasons change here and it's really refreshing after spending the past two falls in San Diego where seasons are a figment of your imagination (not that I'm complaining, just saying).

Anyway, my yesterday after blogging wasn't that exciting, I just kind of took it easy, worked on my puzzle for a while, watched a little TV and read some news online. It's really cool with the internet, I can watch all of my ESPN and CNN online, and I can read the OregonLive reports for Portland stuff; it's all really nice. This, however, requires one thing: internet, which I am blessed to have.

My computer, on the other hand, decided recently that it was not going to be my friend and instead was going to take away my internet by automatically shutting off its wireless adapter and refusing to allow me to get back on. Long story short, I thought I fixed it two days ago and I apparently did not, since last night it went away for good, like completely screwed. After 2 hours of tinkering and reinstalling and removing and just about everything I could do, I managed to get online for 5 minutes before it crapped out again. So, I repeated my steps and found a driver for my exact problem, got 5% away from having it all downloaded, and AGAIN it went away. But the 3rd time's a charm, and I got it and it's completely resolved. Thanks for making my life more difficult than it need to be Intel Wireless 3945abg card, but I got it back and so now I have my life back internet-wise.

Anyway, to celebrate, Bert and I went to go get a beer from a local bar, and when we got there, they asked if we wanted a little one or a big one. Now, I saw the little one and it was like a glass, and I was like, well, it's a Saturday and I'm celebrating my victory over Intel, hell, make it a big one, thinking it'd be like 24 ounces.

But no, oh no. We went and sat down outside and he brought us two 1.25 liter beers, which came in these HUGE glasses that were filled to the brim with Guinness. For those of you out there who are bad at conversions, that's like 4 bottles of beer, and Guinness no less. But we'd ordered it, and so over the next half hour we just joked about the mammoth beers and how suddenly it wasn't all that cold out anymore. It was delicious and a fitting celebration, but it was also 16 euro. Wait, what? The small was 4 euro, so we figured the large would be like 10, but 16? Well, it's cheaper than a new computer or wireless card, right?

But yes, I have just lounged today to finish my puzzle (yeah, I know, 1000 pieces gets me two days, I'm a nerd) and went to the store. Now, stores over here are open til 2 on Sundays if they're open at all; most are not. So I went and I was loading up my cart with groceries, and two rolled around, and instead of letting us trickle out of the store, they closed everything down and wouldn't even let us buy what we had in our carts, we had to put it all back and hurriedly and get rushed out of the store.

Lame, right? I mean, I couldn't even buy what I had in my cart and support your store? Silly if you ask me.

But yes, I am just back for the day and prepping to have class at 8:30 tomorrow morning; it's going to be a busy day here tomorrow with my 3 classes and not being out until 6:30, but I'll report back with results tomorrow. Until then, have a nice rest of your weekend, and until next time,

Ciao.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's just wrong that they don't even let you purchase the items in your cart.. Guess they don't need your money! :o)