Friday, December 12, 2008

Paris, Paris, qu'est-ce que c'est Paris?

Bonjour mes amis, et bienvenue.

I'm in Paris and have been now for just about a day, and many what an experience the traveling has been, let me just put it that way. I think my picture taking and my video posting will probably come later on at some point, but know that I will have plenty to share in the coming days and relatively little space in which to do it I think, but I'll give it a shot with some running updates on what's been happening.

So two days ago now, I left Rome. It was really tough, saying goodbye to everyone was just painful. I mean, some people want to be more along the lines of nonchalant and kind of avoid it, knowing it's hard, while other people will cry and make it even harder to say goodbye. Being the one who was leaving, I gotta say I to leave on my terms, which I think made everything a little bit easier, but seeing everyone's Facebook statuses as home and readjusting makes me feel a bit weirded out, if that makes any sense. Some people are talking about traffic and American TV and Radio, while others are going on about the food and the company, and I just can't wait.

I mean, Rome is quite an amazing place that will always have a place in my heart, and the people I've met are going to be my friends for a quite a long time, but home is home, and I can't wait to be in my own bed, eating good foods, and being with people I've missed a lot. That being said, I miss the air in Rome a bit already in the metaphorical sense.

Anyway, Rome is flooding if you haven't seen, and I am pretty glad I'm out of that scenario. And in Paris, it's great. I've already been to the Louvre, Eiffel Tower, Sacre Couer, Notre Dame, and seen it all, but I've had no chance to get pictures up. Maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow when I have a great chance to do it since I have way too much time with a lot of bags that I have to kill, so let's see if we can do it.

I'll update you more on this all soon, but I'm pretty excited to be going home. Paris has been great, and I'll continue to enjoy it, but I wish Kirsten was here with me too and not dealing with riots and canceled flights. But I'm going to enjoy it today and tomorrow, and we'll talk again soon folks.

Until next time,

Ciao.

No comments: