Thursday, July 17, 2008

Now to be slightly ironic. . .

It's a little funny, trying out the blogger idea. I really like Google everything. Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Maps, and so I thought I'd give Blogger a try, especially having seen it in action recently. But since the title of this blog is "Now That It's In The Rearview. . ." I thought it only fitting to look forward towards what I want to accomplish with this project.

I am starting this blog to chronicle my life and world travels, perhaps with pictures, stories, and anything else that strikes my fancy. I really don't want to seem like one of those 'look at me! I'm in Europe!' people, but hey, I'm going to Europe, and damnit, if for no one else other than myself, I'm going to keep a running record of what's going on. I'm going to Rome on August 19th and leaving Europe on the 23rd of December to be home for the holidays. I hope to keep everything up to date and please, please ask questions, keep me updating, and make suggestions. If there's something I must be doing and I'm not or am oblivious to, make me aware of it.

To my family, you either have never been here before or haven't been here in a longgggg time. I hope this gives you some insight into what it's like to live in Europe (namely Rome) and speak no Italian.

To my friends, I know many of you are in Europe for abroad too, so keep me posted as to your travels. Who knows? We can meet up or trade suggestions on things to do or see. To those of you who aren't in Europe and are back stateside, leave a comment and keep me updated about you and any similar experiences or suggestions.

And to everyone: I'm going to live my life and share some of it with you. Here's to living.

No comments: