Wednesday, July 30, 2008

20 and counting

Buongiorno, all. So today is the 30th, meaning it's only 20 days from today til I leave. I got a cell phone for Europe, which I said I'd do, and it's free to receive all calls (# will be provided when I receive it) and it's about 30 cents a minute to talk to home and those at home, and of the biggest importance, to Athens where someone will be who I hope to talk to a few minutes every day. And that someone is pretty much amazing. We went to the Enchanted Forest today--a surprise from her--and we had a blast. We'll have a blastoverseas too, I don't doubt, like say in Egypt, anyone?

Um, yeah. Without a doubt. Camels? Pyramids? The Parthenon? Awesome. Speaking of, I figured out a tenative trip schedule for my October 30th to November 9th break, with Egypt from the 30th to the 1st, Athens from the 2nd to the 4th, London from the 4th to the 6th (election in England, should be fun), and Paris from the 6th to the 8th, returning to Rome on the 8th. And I get to spend half of that with KK, which is around her birthday time, so that'll be grand to say the least.

The exchange rate is eh right now, and I don't really want to change a bunch of money over I don't have to yet, and hopefully we'll be looking a bit better as the weeks progress as well as when I'm over there. But I leave the 19th regardless, andTravis and Camille will be there the last weekend in August, so I'll have a flavor of home after a couple weeks away. It's getting so close, it's tough not to get antsy.

Anyway, just staying in the habit of updating. Ciao.

No comments: