Friday, August 15, 2008

Less than four

I am even closer now to leaving, and it feels unreal to an extent that I'll be leaving in under 4 days. In 96 hours, I'll be in Frankfurt, probably feeling very tired and having to realize that it's only 8am. I don't have any life experience to prepare me for this, and the butterflies are starting to stir just a little, but in a good way. I think if I didn't have those, there would be something wrong. I've wanted to go to Europe my entire life, and my journey to see what I've learned about and dreamed of my entire life begins so soon. I was just thinking about how I've been alive for 9100 days, and for a large portion of those, I've imagined going to see what I'm about to see, and in a mere four, that dreaming will be a reality.

And I can't wait.

I'm going to see Egypt, fulfilling my longest-standing dream that began when I was 3 and decided I wanted to be an Archeologist. I'm going to go to Rome and do as the Romans do, seeing the foundations of government I've dedicated my college career to analyzing. I'm going to go to Greece and see the history of the mythology I've studied since I made a video of Daedalus flying too close to the sun with Andrew Nicholson in 6th grade. I'm going to go to Britain, the origin of the majority of my musical tastes and American Revolution studies sparked my interest in. I know, it may sound lame, but it really is the culmination of years of dreaming, pining, and wishing to go, and my planning is about to pay off in spades in less than four days.

In other news, I finished work today. No more GapKids for Craig! And they paid me in cash to walk out the door and I don't even half to go back, look at me go. KK finished work today too and that leaves us a few days to hang out before we leave. . . I am still coming to terms with the fact that it's going to be over 40 days without seeing one another, but we're going to experience so much, I know it won't be like 40 days of time as I know it now. We get to see Egypt together, Rome, Athens, Berlin, Barcelona, and Basel too, and when you put that all together, it sounds like a pretty damn exciting docket.

But yes. Four days. Keep checking and I'll keep posting. Ciao.

No comments: