Monday, August 11, 2008

On the Horizon

We're nearing the big-time now.

8 days from right now, I'm in Frankfurt after leaving Portland. It'll be 8 am there, but hey, to my body clock, it's this time. I'm much closer to being 'ready' but not really 'ready ready' if that makes any sense. I've got my memory card and laptop bag situation squared away (think 4 gigs is enough for pictures? It's only 6500 after all . . .), and I also got some walking shoes and clothes today out at Woodburn, leaving me really with just a few choice things left to get ready before packing. Which a trial run starts soon. And by soon, I mean I probably should be doing that now instead of this.

But it's close. Like whoa close. Last full Tuesday tomorrow, work ends Friday at closing, and I am really starting to see the end. Saying goodbye is strange, but they're starting with some family and friends. But people can always have this to check in with, so it's really just like I'm at school anyway.

Kirsten and I went to the beach and it was awesome to get away from the hustle and bustle that's been going on recently and to get some quiet time together, but that's over now and really it's just a straight shot to the finish, and while I can't wait to leave, there are a choice few things (namely one, I'll give you three guesses) that I'll really have a tough time saying goodbye to. But, as with all goodbyes, it's just like hello until I see you again.

So that's that. Just about a week. If you want to see me, call me and we'll get a hang out in before the 19th.

Ciao.

No comments: